Friday, November 2, 2012

Pikapu One Size (OSFM) All in One (AIO) Review

Pikapu OSFM AIO (One-Size-Fits-Most All-In-One)


Features:
PUL outer, sewn in microfibre layer with a fold out booster all topped with stay-dry microfleece.
4 rows of sizing snaps, velcro fastening, double gussets.
Comes in a range of colours, but no prints.

First Impressions:
On first inspection it's a good looking nappy!  Beautifully soft and squishy, practical and quick drying, but doesn't seem to have heaps of absorbency - maybe 4 layers of microfibre altogether in the wetzone.  We'll see how it goes!

Size/ Fit: 
Great size range, with 4 rows of snaps, giving 4 size settings!  Looks like it could be bulky on a newborn, but fits my chubby 18mth old beautifully on the 2nd setting.  The velcro tabs come round her tummy well, so there's room to grow there too.  Of the nappies I currently own, this one has the most room around the waist, but is on par with BumGenius, Baby Kanga and Peapods One-Size for rise.  The double gussets give a really good fit around the legs.


Absorbency:
Well, although I was doubtful, I haven't had any leaks - I'll need to try it over a day sleep to test it though... will do that and update soon :)
UPDATE:  Although I haven't had any leaks (I think the double gussets are at work!) it does seem very wet when I take it off, so I've started boosting it with a small bamboo booster under the flap.  

Washing/ Drying Time:
Easy to wash - and I love that you don't have to put it back together afterwards!  Dried in a similar time to the microfibre boosters I have - 1/2 day in the sun or full day in front of the heat pump.

Other Comments:
Seems to have "pill-ed" quite a lot after only a few washes, perhaps I need to wash it in a laundry bag, but my other microfleece nappies don't have the same problem...

Summary: 
 All in all, a great nappy!  Well made, good size for my 18mth old and lots of room to grow :)  Great for Tassie climate and very easy to use :)

No comments: