Sunday, September 15, 2013

The "Good Morning - Wake me up - Mocha Scrub Mask"


 Recipe #1 in the "10 minute a day - DIY - because I deserve it - Spa Week"

I'm so excited about getting into this Spa Week!  I'm really looking forward to a bit of pampering and love that I don't have to put aside a whole afternoon to do it :)  But lets get into the first recipe...





My favourite thing about a lazy morning is a good coffee with my eggs on toast.  I don't bother making coffee at home most days, but when it's the weekend and I allow myself to take time off from the housework and relax a little, that's when the coffee machine gets turned on and it's delicious aroma fills the air. 

I found this recipe on Beauty Banter and have tweaked it a little.  It's like a bit of weekend heaven in a bowl - smells wonderful and leaves your skin feeling even better.  This time we're not sitting down for a relaxing weekend, but I think we can squeeze it in to our routine.  Here are some options:


  • While you're making brekky, whip up this mask as well and let it set while you eat.  Then wash it off in the shower.
  • Mix it up while you're making tea and let your family giggle at you while they're eating.
  • Or, if you're like me, reward yourself once you've finished doing the dishes, washing the nappies and tidying the toys, and wash it off when you brush your teeth before bed.

  •  
    The "Good Morning - Wake me up - Mocha Scrub Mask"


    1 tbsp Ground coffee
    1 tbsp Cocoa powder
    2 tbsp Whole milk (or almond milk)
    1 tsp Olive or almond oil (for oily skin, use lemon juice)
    1 tsp Honey (for extra oily or acne prone skin, use lemon juice instead of honey)
    Combine the coffee, cocoa and milk and mix to a paste.
    Stir through the oil and honey or lemon.
    While you're at it, make yourself a nice cuppa, or better still a mocha!
    Smooth the scrub mask over clean face and gently scrub.
    Leave to dry for 15-20 minutes before washing off with warm water using a soft face washer.
    Follow with your favourite moisturiser.


Here are the benefits of the ingredients:

Coffee Beans – Reduce inflammation, redness, and the appearance of under eye circles. As an exfoliant, they remove dead skin and “wake up” a tired complexion.
Cocoa Powder – A good source of antioxidants - repairs damage due to environmental pollutants and free radicals. Contains high levels of sulfur (great for fighting acne).
Milk – It is said that Cleopatra bathed in milk to give her skin a healthy glow. Lactic acid exfoliates while natural enzymes help to smooth skin. Amino acids keep skin hydrated.
Lemon Juice – Acts as an exfoliant. Contains natural vitamin C to lighten, tighten and brighten. Great for regulating oil production.
Honey – A natural humectant that locks in moisture.


My 2 yr old daughter was so gorgeous when she saw me with this on - she said "Mummy face dirty" and couldn't stop looking and wanting to touch it.  Then she went over to her box of dolly toys and got a washer out and came up to me "Mummy clean".  Made my day!

I hope your experience of the mask is just as good as mine was - let me know what you think!

Note:  You're welcome to join our Spa Week event so you don't miss any of the recipes!


No comments: